•1 box penne or ziti
•2 24 oz jars of your favorite Marinara sauce
•1/2 jar water
•15 oz container Ricotta cheese (1 8 oz bag)
1. Empty box of pasta into 9x13 baking dish or aluminum pan
2. Pour 1 1/2 jars of Marinara sauce into the baking dish
3. Fill the empty sauce jar about 1/2 way full with water, pour water
directly into baking dish
4. Add ricotta cheese (use less if you prefer less)
5. Add 1 1/2 cups of shredded Mozzarella cheese
6. Mix until combined
7. Sprinkle remaining shredded cheese on top
8. Cover with heavy duty aluminum foil
9. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 1/2 hours
Freeze baked ziti before baking. Remove baked ziti from freezer, keep covered and put directly in oven for 2.5-3 hours @ 350 degrees.
Make 4 baked zitis to stock your freezer. Buy 4 boxes of penne, 6 24 oz jars of Marinara sauce, 1 48 oz container of Ricotta cheese and 4 8 oz bags of Mozzarella cheese.
Use aluminum tin pans for easy clean up.
Garnish with chopped parsley before serving.