•1 tbsp coconut oil
•1 medium yellow onion, chopped
•1 clove garlic minced
•3 tbsp chopped fresh ginger
•1 lb carrots, peeled and chopped (can use baby carrots)
•32 oz vegetable stock
•1 14 oz can coconut cream or coconut milk
•1/2 tsp salt, plus more to taste
1. Heat up a large skillet to medium high heat and melt the coconut oil.
2. Add onion, garlic, and ginger. Cook until onion is almost clear, about 5 minutes.
3. Add carrots and vegetable stock, bring to a boil.
4. Reduce heat to simmer. Cook until carrots are nice and soft, about 25 minutes. Slowly stir in coconut milk (or coconut cream if using).
5. With an immersion blender, blend soup until smooth. You can also use a regular blender and blend in batches. Add salt to taste.
1. Select the saute function on your IP. Once hot, add oil and onion. Let saute for 2-3 minutes, then add garlic and ginger and saute for another 2 minutes.
2. Select cancel on your IP. Add carrots and broth. Secure the lid. Now select the manual function, and cook on high pressure for 6 minutes.
3. Use a quick release. Stir in coconut milk, salt (add more to taste if needed).
4. Using a blender or immersion blender, blend until creamy.